The Meeting City Challenges programme aims to unlock region-wide challenges through solutions via a series of roadshows to be held throughout 2019/2020. These roadshows will bring together cities & towns to discuss their current social & economic challenges.
Each roadshow will provide CPD accredited learning via a workshop environment in which stakeholders, appointed by Smart Cities UK and including experts from Crown Commercial Service, will be on hand to provide information on how to overcome some of the common challenges facing local authorities.
The one day roadshows will provide a setting to discuss how to:
- Identify suitable pathways to meet city challenges
- Unlock procurement to enable progress on driving innovation where available and useful (via Crown Commercial Service), including exploring:
- What outcomes are you looking to improve for your citizens?
- How will you use technology to enable this?
- What will you procure to enable this to happen?
- Share best practices and learning between cities & towns regionally to drive collaboration and share resources
- The role technology can play within a pathway
- Engage with citizens effectively
Cities & town representatives will be given free access to attend each roadshow. At each roadshow the team at Smart Cities UK will bring together stakeholders to join the conversations of meeting city challenges via forums, interactive workshops and discussion.
Save the date
North of England – 15 October 2019
Venue: Leeds Town Hall
Hosted by Leeds City Council
Scotland – 21 November 2019
Venue: Perth Concert Hall
Hosted by Scottish Cities Alliance
Wales – 5 March 2020
Venue: Holiday Inn Cardiff
Hosted by Cardiff City Council
Northern Ireland – 23 April 2020
Venue: The Guildhall Derry
Hosted by Derry City & Strabane District Council
Visit the website to register today.