We are pleased to announce our G-Cloud 11 framework is now live and open for business.
G-Cloud gives public and third sector organisations a route to purchase cloud-based services such as web hosting and cloud software from a single, central website. The framework is for commodity based, pay-as-you go cloud services across 3 lots – Cloud Hosting, Cloud Software and Cloud Support.
4,200 suppliers have been awarded places on the agreement with over 90% of them small and medium-sized enterprises (SME). More than 31,000 services will be available for customers to access, subject to a process of additional assurance.
Some of the benefits of G-Cloud 11 for customers include:
- Innovative – access to the latest innovations and technologies
- Easy – simple ways to select suppliers on the Digital Marketplace
- Quick – 6 step process for direct award on the Digital Marketplace
- Transparent – catalogues showing all suppliers, services, prices and T&Cs
- Flexibility – added flexibility on contract length, which can now be easily refreshed and extended by 2 x 12 month periods
- Protection – GDPR clauses amended to align with those in the Public Sector Contract, giving you peace of mind that your data is protected
Since 2012, more than £4.79bn of cloud and digital services have been procured by public bodies through G-Cloud, with almost 45% percent of that spend going directly to SMEs.
G-Cloud is accessed through the Digital Marketplace, created in 2014 by Crown Commercial Service and Government Digital Service to make government procurement easier and more transparent.