The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the City of London. They promote London as the world’s leading international finance and business centre, and attracting new business to both the capital and across the UK. They partner with local communities to increase skills, employment and opportunities for Londoners – including through the City Bridge Trust – while working to enhance the capital as a hub of culture, history and green spaces for its citizens.
The City of London Corporation was relying on an ageing fleet of multifunctional devices (MFDs) and printers across its diverse portfolio of facilities, from the Guildhall headquarters and Barbican property estate, to schools and the Heathrow Animal Reception Centre.
Some of the challenges included the lack of common print policies across the estate and an inability to dynamically monitor print volumes and act quickly upon changes in device usage.
Rajiv Rathod, Commercial Lead for ICT at City of London Corporation said: “We wanted to shift from a traditional supplier/customer relationship, to a partnership that could help us not only make cost savings but also advise on continuous optimisation. Konica Minolta provided a commitment to delivery and showed a strong intention to work with us to transform end-to-end delivery.”
Following a competitive tender process under the Crown Commercial Service’s (CCS) RM3781 Framework, which works in collaboration with ESPO and YPO, Konica Minolta successfully retained the contract. The specialist RM3781 Lot 3 framework covers all of The City of London Corporation’s ongoing needs from MFDs, managed print and content services and records and information management.
Konica Minolta proposed an innovative managed services approach, aimed at creating an even smarter way for employees to work, streamlining processes and reducing costs. This included fleet rationalisation and the adoption of a consumption-based pricing model, designed by The City of London, for improved transparency of volumes output and cost savings.
A full-time Konica Minolta Fleet Manager is now embedded within the City Corporation’s IT function. This certified expert provides operational day-to-day fleet management while implementing smart new ways of working, such as:
- Continuous fleet optimisation, based on their intuitive understanding of the fleet and the Corporation’s challenges and goals
- Proactive fleet maintenance across centralised and de-centralised systems
- Rapid resolution of all output device-related incidents, management of service desk tickets and fast, professional reinstatement of operation
- Up-to-the-minute Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports and adherence to service level agreements (SLAs)
- Optimal use of SafeQ, centrally recording and accounting for all print, copy and scan operations in support of the City Corporation’s consumption-based pricing model
- Management of ‘Fleet Dashboard’ tracker, highlighting device type, status and location, number and proactive/reactive callouts, use of second-line support, etc.
- Accurate, timely management information for informed decision-making on device performance, location and right-sizing fleet
- Prompt, efficient resolution of any billing queries
- Management of third-party external providers to optimise efficiency, productivity and smart working
- Digital innovation to increase smart working, further reduce print volumes and lower the cost of operation – digital mail for example
This on-site, dedicated single point of contact – with full accountability and ownership of print-related issues – has helped save the City Corporation significant time, money and resources.
By accessing Lot 3 on framework RM3781 and adopting the new commercial model devised by The City of London, the new managed print solution has reduced the Corporation’s print costs by half, resulting in almost £2.5 million in predicted cost savings over five years. It is also now easier to monitor print use and identify and accommodate individual departments’ print needs. Furthermore, new devices print faster and are more reliable.
For further information
If you would like to find out more about any of the CCS managed print solutions and how we can support you please get in touch
- Visit the RM3781 Agreement page RM3781
- Fill in our short Online form
- Call 0345 410 2222 / Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to find out more about how we can help you, why not ask one of our customer team to give you a call or sign up to our newsletter?